My film is broken down into 3 scenes. For them, apart from the assets needed, I made 2 characters, the peacock and Krishna (Human character) .
The peacock was entirely made in Maya, apart from the detailing in the legs which was done using Zbrush. The fur was made using fibermesh(Zbrush), nHair(Maya) and rendered using puppet shader. The feathers and body textures are a mix of photorealistic and hand painted textures. For the pattern/feathers on his back, I used Xgen. The peacock was rendered using Mental Ray, Maya.
The human character was base modelled in Maya, and then detailed in Zbrush. The character is completely hand textured in Zbrush and a bit in photoshop. His hair is made using fibermesh. Each hair clump was taken separately in Maya and then with the help of a Torus as a collider and the gravitational and wind force in Maya, was got into place. It was a pain staking process as I had to keep round about 15 clumps, one to keep the number of curves less and the other to give a natural look. His clothes were all sculpted in Zbrush and got into place after rigging using nCloth in Maya. All the details were got into Maya using the displacement maps and normal maps from Zbrush.
All the other assets were modelled using Maya and wherever there was the need for detailing, for example the trees, Zbrush was used. Most of the texturing has been hand painted in Photoshop. The rain particles were again 4 separate particle systems for each scene, so as to differentiate the amount of rain in front of the camera from the back. It was also done to induce more breaking rain particles near the camera, for example, for the lotus in the first scene.
The water was divided into 2 planes. One for the reflective surface, and the other to show some ground and refraction. I used HDRI and 2 different images to show the reflections in the water. All the ripples were made using alphas in Zbrush and then displaced in Maya using the displacement maps got from Zbrush.