Breakdown for Showreel shot by shot
Gorefest project "Escape Zero"
This shot involved the compositing of CG over footage
- Plasma torch CGI component, one pass with grading, reshaping with rotoscoping
- Slag Incandescence, reflection and specular passes, grading and roto
- Smoke One pass with rotoscoping
- Sparks Incandescence and glow source passes with rotoscoping
- Overall glow added with light wrap on the end of the gun
- Shadow on lock One CGI pass with grading
- Light on lock Coloured light projection
- Grading hand/gun Keying the red light on the hand and gun, huecorrect and exposure
Graduation Film "The Earth Belongs To No One"
This shot required placing the front of one building over the back of another, with the complication being that the front of the building is a static shot while the shot used in the film had rotation in the camera movement
- Cleanup on the building including replacing one of the windows and moving the original sign making it more visible in the shot
- Grid warping the building to match the perspective of the other buildings in shot
- Colour grading to get a better integration of the building and keying the sky to enhance the clouds
Graduation Film "Suicide is Easy"
- Cleanup with the removal of all trees though the use of camera tracker and projection
Graduation film "Suicide is Easy"
- Cleanup of fire alarm and wall switch with rotopainting and patching
Graduation film "Fulfilament"
- Removal of wire rig painted out frame by frame due to the rotation of the object in the shot
Graduation Film "ManOMan"
- Gridwarping the puppet mouths in time with the singing in the music
- Compositing all 7 separate puppets into the shot using IBK keying
- Rain element and adjustments to puppets based on the directors briefing for size, focus etc
Grad film "The Escapist"
- Rotoscoping the man hanging upside in a straightjacket for compositing back in the scene
with CGI (Compositing and cgi done by other students)