Softwares used on all the demoreel shots :
Maya - Zbrush - Photoshop - Nuke - V.Ray
There were two projects I worked on during my formation at ArtFx : Engrenage and Speedbob :
Engrenage : 53s - 1:07s
-> I worked on the layout, sculpting, texturing, shading of the mountains on several shots and also the bridge. I had to make next the lighting and rendering. I used Zbrush 4R6 to sculpt the rocks.
Speedbob : 1:08 - 1:14
-> I had to create in this shot a cave. I worked on all the CG pipeline including the concept and made the compositing too. The ship and monster were created by other teammate.
The other images in the demo reel are personal projects.
- Santa Maria 0 - 0.35 : I wanted to work on a picture with a woman looking a cathedral during the night. I started to model Santa Maria in Venise with references. I used Autodesk recap360 to scan relief and statue found in Paris. The water was made in Realflow. I used nDynamics to make the rain and I simulated the nCloth in Marvelous Designer. To save memory and rendertime I have separated the foreground, the tree, water and Cathedral, and made still shot. I had to calculate 250 frames for the tree, water, ncloth and rain.
- Iceberg o:36 - 0:42 : I saw Joshua Holko's photos, and I wanted to work on his white/ blue mood. I started a layout in Maya then sculpted in Zbrush the Ice. I parented the Camera to one Realwave's vertex to have a moving shot.
- Olympe 0.42 - 0.53 : the fire was created by Paul Mathon, a friend. The cloud pass was made in VueX and I used mental ray for the rendering.
- Grass 1.18 - 1.29 : A straight grass was created, then after I used Deformer like Twist/Blend in order to make variation. I assigned Hair dynamics to make them moving in the wind.
-Swamp 1.30 - 2 : The rocks, trunks, lianas sculpted In Zbrush 4R6. The assets of the Branche/Tree were mixed between paintEffect and Speedtree. I started the composition with the low res assets done and make the animation of the camera to know what I will have ( high res objects) in the shot. The base mesh of the Cloth was made in Marvelous and resculpted after in Zbrush. After divided in 2 parts the shot, rendered SSS shader separately, baked some textures and GI, the render time was 1.15 hours the frame.