Curly Hair Simulation:
- Created in 2nd year, concentrated on styling and simulating curly hair ( not on the shaders). Tackled various way to groom curly hair and prepare it for simulation.
- I styled my friend's hair and took references for my groom
- Models tubes for hair segments, extracted curves from it, then converted to poly hair.
- The head model is not mine.
- Rendered with mental ray.
EA Masterclass (look dev):
- The objective of this, is to create a patch of land and represent the four seasons. (foliage isn't important)
- The focus is on the surface of the materials and understand why materials look dry, damp, wet and frosty.
- To create these materials under the discipline of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Sculpted then baked into Zbrush, painted the texture I prepared in Photoshop in Zbrush.
- Used substance designer to create a graph which allows the user to easily change the texture to create the four seasons.
- Reference I took myself and rendered in marmoset.
Light Placement Tool:
- A pymel script, for the user to intuitively place both Maya and Vray physical lights.
- Similar to what HDR Studio software does, the user can place highlights on a particular place of the model by selecting the light and clicking on the surface,
- The placement is based on the vector direction of the camera and the surface normal to calculation the reflection angle. Then place the light along the reflection vector.
- Models are all mine apart from the Stanford bunny of course.
Major Project Character - Witch (WIP):
- WIP of my witch, the focus is on the groom.
- Sculpted in Zbrush, retopo in Topogun. Used Maya nHair and Vray.
- I also did the concept of this character too.