I am responsible for all aspects of my reel. It was created with week by week guidance from my mentor and critiques from classmates and faculty. From start to finish, the reel took me 5 months to complete.
Asset 1: Nailgun - The Nailgun is based off of a physical nailgun that I own. I began by capturing a 3d scan and my own high resolution photography for projection. Over the course of mid-December to early January, I modeled and UVed the gun using the scan and the physical gun as reference. I completed the texturing from January to early March. I then completed the Look Development and rendering by early April.
Asset 2: Digi Double Outfit - This asset is based off of a catalog image I found online. I began by building and simulation the various articles of clothing in Marvellous Designer. Afterwards, I retopologized and UVed the relatively low resolution model. Afterwards I sculpted more realistic wrinkling detailed into the clothing in zBrush. Then I began to texture the asset by building up the properties of each material via tileable textures, masks, and projection. The entire asset took me 2 months to complete.
Asset 3: Violin - Based off of another real life prop the school had on hand, I followed the same workflow as I did on the Nailgun. I plan to texture, shade and render it in the coming weeks after my graduation.