The project was done by myself using Unreal 4, Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, Quixel tools, Substance tools, World Machine, Marvelous Designer and xNormals.
0:13-0:32 - I modelled, rigged and animated the little spider in Maya, and set it up to trigger the fleeing once the camera is close to it using Blueprint in UE4. The spiderwebs were created in Photoshop by painting them over photo reference I had gathered, to create the texture. Some work then went into creating the material too which would allow the webs to look more believable (fuzzy, soft and very thin), I added subtle wind animations to them as well to avoid a static look. All of the props were modelled in Maya and textured either using Substance Designer, or through Material Layering in UE4. Everything has a dust layer on top, either based on the Z-axis or manually painted vertex colors. The floating dust was created using the Cascade particle editor inside the engine.
0:33-0:42 - I sculpted and polypainted the elk mount using Zbrush and retopologized it in Maya. As it wasn't looking particularly fuzzy as a simple surface, I created several meshes on top of it as a layers, to which I applied a noisy masked texture, which made it look like it has fur. The newspaper ceiling was sculpted in Zbrush to get a normal and displacement map, as it was looking really flat otherwise. For the Albedo, I created a tiling one in Photoshop using cutouts of newspaper articles. I then glued some plane meshes on top which are affected by wind for a "peeled off" effect, and to break up the tiling ceiling surface. The carpet was created in Maya by first creating the weaved pattern, and then arranging the carpet out of it, and finally baking it down to a low poly. The wall and floor planks share the same normal map which was created as a tilling texture using Zbrush.
0:45-0:53 - The cargo net above the bed was created using a combination of Maya, Marvelous Designer and Zbrush. For the net itself, I created it using NURBS curves in Maya, which I then converted to polygons, and optimized to a lower polygon count. I then used Marvelous Designer with the net mesh acting as an Avatar, to simulate clothing on top of it. I then transferred everything to Zbrush, where I retopologized the clothing, and tweaked the whole asset as well.
00:56-01:04 - The bed, pillow and the light blue blanket were created in Marvelous Designer and later tweaked as well as retopologized in Zbrush/Maya. The stove and the props surrounding it were created in Maya, textured using a combination of Quixel dDo and Substance Designer.
01:13-01:28 - The landscape was started inside UE4 using the Landscape tools, where I blocked out the main shapes/ heights, then it was brought to World Machine where I added erosion and other effects, and brought the final heightmap back to UE4. The road was sculpted as an X-axis tiling texture using Zbrush, and then created in UE4 using the landscape spline tool.The snow textures were done in Zbrush as tiling textures and then arranged in the Landscape material. The cliff rocks were sculpted in Zbrush,, decimated, and the textures were created in Photoshop. The cabin was modelled in Maya, and textured using Layered Materials in UE4. I created tiling paint and bare wood textures using Photoshop, which I then layered on top of each other using a tiling black and white mask inside the cabin material in the engine. The snow build-ups on the roof of the cabin are planes with a tessellated material, the heightmap used was sculpted in Zbrush.
01:29-01:37 - If you have super vision, you might notice birds flying around in the distance. They are particles created using Cascade particle editor, and using an animated flipbook texture for the wing flapping, which was rendered in Maya using a bird I modelled and animated, also using Maya. All of the vegetation was created using Maya. The grass / plants were modelled as high poly and baked on to planes. The branches for the trees were created in the same way, and then arranged on the trunk of the tree.
I also used Photoshop to create to create a Color LookUp Table, which I then used inside the Post Process of the scene in UE4, to achieve the look that I wanted.