Before doing the models, I started off by designing each character in Photoshop CS6 and Zbrush. I took a lot of references from tribes from Africa to do so. I also considered the fact that the characters were made for a remake of an older game, Adventure Island, so my team and I decided that the protagonists would be a female and a T-rex like creature.
When the design was accepted by my team and my teacher, I did the high-res models in zbrush with all the details.
For the optimized versions, I used 3ds Max to do the retopology and the UV sets.
Once that was done, I baked all the maps I needed with xNormal .
The texturing was done entirely in Substance Painter, I also used Photoshop to fix some details afterwards..
The skin and cloth shader Materials were done by me in Unreal 4 aswell as the final render.
The idle animation was done by one of my colleagues as well as the base props.