All models were done using Zbrush, Maya, 3Ds Max, and Topogun for some retopology.
Photoshop and 3D coat were used for texturing. Zbrush for the modeling. Most characters are built using the same base mesh. Xnormals and 3D Coat were used for normals/spec maps.
In Maya we added dynamics using the APEX plugin and Maya bonus tools for the dynamic joints. For human characters the same base rig was adjusted for quicker rigging.
We used Maya for animation, for base human characters we used Maya's Human IK since it had a very flexible control rig. We used Motion Builder for cleaning up mocap for 2 characters and finally keyframing over it in maya and applying animation principles.
All coding and integration of assets was done by me in unreal engine 4 blueprints.